More than ten years after being savagely mauled by his own tiger, tragic Las Vegas illusionist ROY HORN has undergone a “Frankenstein-like experiment” in a bid to walk again!

Sources tell The National ENQUIRER that Roy – half of the famed “Siegfried and Roy” magic act – recently sought the controversial treatment at a medical clinic in Germany. Roy, 69, remains paralyzed on his left side after being attacked by the pair’s white male tiger, Mantecore, on stage at the Mirage hotel and casino in October 2003.

“Roy is hoping against hope that he’ll walk again!” said a close source.

He recently flew to Germany with Siegfried (Fischbacher) to see celebrity doctor, Hans- Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt, whose nickname is ‘Healing Hans.’” The physician is an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist, and team doctor of the German soccer club, FC Bayern Munich, said the source.

He’s also worked with celebrities, including the world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt, German tennis ace Boris Becker, soccer superstar Ronaldo and U2’s Bono, said the source. Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt treats patients with a combination of acupuncture and homeopathic medicines made from natural substances, said the source.

“He also specializes in injecting patients with Actovegin, an amino acid preparation derived from calves’ blood that is not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration,” said the source.

The ENQUIRER has also learned that the head of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, Travis Tygart, has called Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt’s heavy dose of Actovegin injections a “Frankenstein-type experiment.”

But another insider said: “Roy doesn’t care. He trusts the doctor. “He’s been mostly confined to a wheelchair for nearly 11 years, and he’d do anything to get back on his feet!” the insider added.

After his treatment by Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt in Munich on June 8, Roy said, “I am feeling great! Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt has golden hands.”

This isn’t the first time Roy has opted for a controversial treatment.

As The ENQUIRER reported in 2005, he was injected with stem cells from pig embryos at the Leonardis Klinik, in the Bavarian spa town of Bad Heilbrunn. At the time, Roy and his longtime partner, Siegfried, 75, flew into Munich on a private Learjet aircraft for a threeweek stay at the clinic. The tiger died in March at age 17.

Despite his injuries, Roy said in 2013: “I am very grateful, every day, for every breath I am taking.”