WAGNER STONEWALLS COPS IN NEW NATALIE PROBE

Published on: January 18, 2013
Photography by: Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images
NationalEnquirer.com

ROBERT WAGNER refuses to be interviewed by  detectives in reopened investigation into the drowning death of wife NATALIE WOOD.

Sheriff's Office  Lt. John Corina told media that Wagner is the only person on the yacht not to speak to police despite repeated requests and attempts.

Detectives began re-investigating the case in November 2011. Since then investigators have interviewed more than 100 people, but Wagner has refused and Corina said the actor's reps have not given any reason for his silence, AP reported.

As The ENQUIRER reported previously, coroner's officials released an updated autopsy report from a security hold. The new coroner’s reports says that the bruises on Natalie’s body were consistent with those  caused by a beating.

"Mr. Wagner has fully cooperated over the last 30 years in the investigation of the accidental drowning of his wife in 1981," attorney Blaire Berk said in a prepared statement. "Mr. Wagner has been interviewed on multiple occasions by the Los Angeles sheriff's department and answered every single question asked of him by detectives during those interviews."

Berk also claimed neither Wagner nor his daughters have any new information to add.

The renewed inquiry came after the yacht's captain Dennis Davern told media that he heard Wagner and Wood arguing the night of her disappearance. He believed Wagner was to blame for her death.

Authorities have not identified any suspects in the case and  have repeatedly since Wagner is NOT a suspect.

Wood, 43, was on a yacht with Wagner, her “Brainstorm: co-star Christopher Walken and the boat captain Davern the Thanksgiving weekend of 1981. And after a heavy night of boozing,  Natalie  mysteriously ended up in the and subsequently drowned.

Lt. Corina said Christopher Walken gave a prepared statement and then answered detectives’ questions for an hour.

Lt. Corina said detectives have tried at least 10 times to interview Wagner but he has stonewalled them.  Some of the refusals have come from the Wagner’s lawyer and that detectives even traveled to Colorado in a vain attempt to interview the suddenly mum Wagner.

Lt.Corina said the latest inquiry had turned up new evidence.

"Most of the people we've talked to were never talked to 30 years ago," he said. "We've got a LOT of new information."

Stay with the ENQUIRER for the latest developments.