“Coal Miner’s Daughter” country legend LORETTA LYNN, 81 escapes smoldering blaze at her home.
Flames licked at Loretta as a fire broke out the sun room of her home in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee, near Nashville.
"She was fine," Humphreys County Sheriff Chris Davis told media saying a small candle had accidentally turned over and a cushion of a chair caught fire.
Loretta was watching TV when she heard a tell-tale crackling sound and smelled smoke in another room.
She leapt to her feet and rushed to the sun room, suffocating the fire with her bare hands.
Evidently, Lynn suffered minor burns.
It is unclear if she was rushed to the hospital as a precautionary measure for the elderly superstar who has suffered health problems in the past
Lynn (or her rep) later tweeted saying she was A-OK.
And her gig Friday in Greenville, Texas remains on schedule, according to her manager.