JON BON JOVI has recruited his clean and so­ber band mate RICHIE SAMBORA to help his troubled daughter battle back from a heroin overdose, say sources.

Sambora, who’s been to rehab three times, was called in to help 19-year-old college student Stephanie “get her act together,” a pal told The ENQUIRER.

“Jon loves Richie like a brother, and he’s witnessed Richie’s battles with addiction over the years,” the source said.

“So it was natural for Jon to reach out to him. Stephanie regards Richie as a cool uncle, and Jon knew she’d relate to him.

Richie’s firsthand experience with substance abuse and rehab was a big help for Stephanie. Jon’s still very upset, but he’s happy that Stephanie accepts she’s got a problem. Richie has promised Jon he’ll do whatever he can to see that Stephanie gets all the support she needs.”

Sambora, 53, entered a Los Angeles treatment facility for booze and an ad­diction to painkillers in June of 2007. He also entered Cirque Lodge rehab in Utah later that year. After pulling out of several shows during the Bon Jovi Live tour in 2011, he checked into rehab for the third time.

The guitarist – who has a 15-year-old daughter with his ex-wife, actress Heather Locklear – reached out immediately after hearing the news that his buddy Jon’s only daughter overdosed on heroin in her dorm room at New York’s Hamilton College on Nov. 14, said the source.

When Stephanie fell uncon­scious, a friend who was with her, fellow student Ian Grant, called 911 – and The ENQUIRER has uncovered details of the drug drama.

“I thought Steph and Ian were just smoking some weed because I got a whiff of it when I walked down the hall near her room,” a fellow student told The ENQUIRER.

“I hadn’t seen her for hours, and ev­ery time I passed her room the door was closed. I heard music, their voices and some laughter at first – and then later on a lot of moaning.”

At about 2 a.m., all hell broke loose with cops and emergency medical personnel rushing into her room, said the eyewitness.

“I saw Ian standing there with a glazed look on his face, and then Steph was carried out on a stretcher,” said the source. “At that point I thought she was a goner because she was white as a sheet and not moving.”

The ENQUIRER has also learned Stephanie was rushed to nearby Faxton St. Luke’s hospital in Utica, where she was treat­ed and released.

Police initially slapped her with four drug-related charges, but they’ve since been dropped.

Her family has taken Stephanie home to New Jersey, said the source, adding: “Whether she returns to school is any­one’s guess.”