Just like Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher before her, relative unknown Daisy Ridley is now a superstar thanks to “Star Wars!” The 23-year-old Londoner’s whole life changed when she was cast in the new blockbuster “Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.” Here are 10 things you didn’t know about the fresh-faced bad-ass beauty taking the universe by storm!
1) Daisy was waitressing in a London pub when she nabbed the role of Rey in February 2014.
2) Her favorite movie from childhood is 1996’s “Matilda.” Daisy “aspired to be just like her,” she says.
3) Everything about “The Force Awakens” was so hush-hush that she kept her huge gig a secret for three months.
4) She cried while watching the movie trailer for the first time.
5) She has two middle names: Jazz and Isobel.
6) Daisy and the new “Star Wars” robot BB-8 got their own UK postage stamp in October 2015!
7) “Someone asked me if I found it easier to date now because I’m in the film,” she confesses. “I was, like, ‘What the hell?’”
8) Since being cast, she went from a few hundred followers on social media site Instagram to nearly 600,000!
9) She got her first tattoo — a star on her foot — when she was 15.
10) Playing a nimble junk salvager in the sci-fi sensation meant a grueling training regimen. Daisy’s diet included “lots of fish, legumes and spirulina shakes.”