AFTER a psycho ex-con brutally stabbed his wife to death with a knife, he walked into a Burger King – and calmly ordered a double cheeseburger, say authori­ties.

In a bid to dodge a first-degree murder conviction, Michael Kenny’s lawyer ar­gued that the fiend slashed his beautician wife Denise to death in a fit of jealousy over some topless photos he claimed she intended to send to her ex-husband.

“ALL those stab wounds, ALL that blood – this was the clearest case of a passion killing I’ve ever seen,” defense attorney Kevin Canfield told a jury in New York City.

But the prosecutor maintained it was a clear case of coldhearted, premeditated murder.

“He’s not wandering around the city, aimlessly, saying: ‘Oh, my God, what have I done?’ ” noted Linda Ford, an assistant district attorney in the New York County District Attorney’s Office.

“I know people who go through a breakup, not even a bad breakup, and they can’t eat for a week. This guy goes to a Burger King and orders a double cheeseburger!”

Jurors agreed, and on March 8 found the 44-year-old brute guilty of intentionally killing his es­tranged wife Denise, 40.

Denise, a native of the Caribbean island of Trinidad, married 6-foot-1, 230-pound Kenny in 2009. But she soon decided that she didn’t want to stay married to the creep, who’d served time for trying to kill his first wife in 1994 and has a rap sheet stretching back 22 years.

In a rage over the prospect of being spurned, Kenny texted her: “Just remem­ber what I tell you. If you ever leave me, the things I can do to you.”

On Jan. 8, 2011, Kenny was jailed for 60 days for choking and assaulting Denise. On March 11, just days after his release and furious over the alleged topless pho­tos that he said she sent to him by mistake, he charged into Denise’s workplace at New York City’s D’Galina’s Center Salon armed with a nine-inch knife.

Denise led Kenny upstairs to a second floor bathroom to talk. Minutes later, she let out a blood-curdling scream and could be heard crying, “No! No! No!”

Authorities say Kenny stabbed her seven times in the chest, leg, hand and forearm, striking her with such force that his knife broke into three pieces.

Then he came downstairs, grabbed $800 from the cash register and walked out, leaving a trail of bloody footprints behind.

“He had crazy eyes,” said salon owner Leo Pinkhasov, who charged upstairs and found Denise covered in blood.

She was rushed to a hospital but died later that day. She’s survived by two sons – Davis Ramkisson, 23, and Darion, 16 – from her previous marriage.

“She did everything to give us a better life,” said her distraught elder son Davis.

On March 28, 2013, Kenny was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

“I want this man to live and suffer,” said Davis. “I want him to live until he’s 100, and I want his mind and his conscience to eat away at him slowly.”