Beaten To Death On Night Out With Pals!

Beaten To Death On Night Out With Pals! thumbnail

Little did KIM PHAM know when she went out recently with some friends for a night on the town at a Los Angeles club that it would be her last.

Prosecutors claim the 23-year-old newlywed was beaten to death in a vicious fight outside the Los Angeles club.

Although initial reports claim she was beaten after she accidentally photobombed a picture-taking session outside the club, detectives now claim the fight began over a bumping incident.

A pal said the senseless death of the pretty woman occurred when Pham and her friends were walking into The Crosby Lounge in Santa Ana, Calif., on the night of Jan. 18 and a fight broke out.

Although Pham’s pal added that the brawl may have been sparked when Pham inadvertently walked in front of someone taking a picture, another person said the altercation started after Pham bumped into someone among a group of club-goers.

Pham’s family and her friends described her as a bubbly, high-achieving woman who had been married for about a year to Giang Ngo Khanh. She’d recently graduated from college and wanted to be a journalist.

Police arrested Vanesa Zavala, 25, and Candace Brito, 27, for their role in the melee. And at a preliminary hearing on Feb. 11 and 12, Orange County Superior Court Judge Thomas Borris ruled there is enough evidence against the two to hold them for trial on the murder charges.

They each face a sentence of 15 years to life if convicted. They were placed behind bars on $1 million bail and were slated to make their next court appearance on Feb. 21.

Over two days of testimony during the preliminary hearing, cellphone images were shown over and over as police tried to pick out the suspects and the victim in the fatal nightclub fight. In one video, Pham appears to throw what police said was the first punch. Pham can also be seen straddling and hitting a woman on the ground.

On the witness stand, Santa Ana Det. Leo Rodriguez stopped the video at another point to show a woman (Brito) executing a kicking motion toward Pham. Det. Matthew McLeod testified that Zavala kicked Pham in the face. After that, McLeod testified Pham went limp.

The victim was unconscious but still breathing when paramedics arrived. She was declared brain dead at the hospital and taken off life support three days after the tragic incident.

But there is one silver lining to the senseless tragedy because the vibrant young woman was an organ donor. Donor group Legacy One stated: “Kim Pham saved five lives through the donation of her heart, kidneys, lungs, pancreas and liver to patients on the national organ transplant waiting list.”