View the original article at: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/coroner-heroin-booze-combo-killed-cory-monteith
British Columbia Coroners Service say that “Glee” star CORY MONTEITH died as a result of heroin and alcohol.
In an autopsy and toxicological analysis the coroner said “mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol” killed the troubled thesp, 31 actor.
As The ENQUIRER previously reported Monteith was found dead at Vancouver’s Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel on Saturday.
The investigation into his death is still ongoing but Canadian law enforcement said the death was the result of a “most-tragic accident.”
“Mr. Monteith’s family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death,” the BC Coroners Service said via statement.
Monteith, from Vancouver has had a history of substance abuse, saying in 2011 that he began using drugs at 13 and by 19 was in rehab for using “anything and everything, as much as possible.”
He had recently completed his latest stint in rehab in April, 2013 and had been dating his co-star Lea Michele.
Monteith was scheduled to return to “Glee” for a fifth season this fall but now producers are scrambling to address his sudden death.