View the original article at: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/top-10-scandals-year
It was a shockingly good year for scandals!
Outrageous celebrity antics and plenty of sex, lies and audiotapes filled the pages of The ENQUIRER in 2004.
Here are our editors' picks for the Top 10 scandals of the year:
1. Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" -- 140 million Super Bowl watchers were stunned when Justin Timberlake exposed Jackson's right breast.
2. Bill O'Reilly's sex suit -- FOX producer Andrea Mackris filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against the talk host. It was settled out of court, but not before audiotapes reportedly portrayed him as a phone sex fanatic with a thing for loofah pads.
3. Britney Spears' (first) wedding -- The pop star tied the knot with pal Jason Alexander in Vegas. Annulment papers were filled 55 hours later.
4. Scott Peterson is found guilty -- A jury convicted lying, cheating Scott of murdering his wife Laci and their unborn child.
5. Mary-Kate Olsen becomes too thin -- Ashley Olsen's twin sister entered rehab for an eating disorder.
6. Kirstie Alley's battle of the bulge -- Her weight soared to 307 pounds, but savvy Kirstie landed a show called "Fat Actress" and a job pitching the Jenny Craig weight-loss system.
7. Martha Stewart goes to prison -- The domestic diva got a fivemonth sentence for lying about a stock deal but ended up with a deal to host a new daytime talk show.
8. Ashlee Simpson's lip slip -- Jessica Simpson's little sister made her "Saturday Night Live" debut memorable when she was caught lip-synching.
9. Lori Hacking's murder -- In a case that echoed the Peterson murder, Mark Hacking was charged with murdering his pregnant wife Lori and dumping her body.
10. O.J. Simpson is busted -- O.J. faces jail and a fine after his longtime business partner accused him of tax evasion in an exclusive ENQUIRER interview. He said O.J. hid income to avoid paying the Goldman family the $21 million they were awarded in their son's wrongful death suit.