The NATIONAL ENQUIRER investigation that uncovered Patrick Swayze‘s deadly cancer paints a far grimmer picture than his publicist’s statement about his prognosis.
As the world reacted to our shocking world exclusive that the beloved Hollywood actor and dancer was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer, Swayze’s publicist confirmed our report and then released a statement quoting his physician, Dr. George Fisher, saying Patrick has a “limited amount” of the disease and “appears to be responding well to treatment thus far.”
But our investigation reveals that despite these publicist-controlled pronouncements, sadly, Swayze’s cancer has spread to other organs. People close to him say he’s rapidly running out of time.
The ENQUIRER’s scoop on the star’s tragic situation was picked up by newspapers, TV shows and Web sites throughout the U.S. The full details of Patrick’s fight for life are in the new issue of the ENQUIRER that goes on sale today.
We’ve learned exclusively that for the past month, Patrick, 55, had been traveling to Stanford University’s prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for weekly outpatient, radical chemotherapy treatments.
After Swayze’s reported “gastro-intestinal” procedure the weekend of Feb. 2, Swayze visited Stanford on Feb. 8, 14 and 22, The ENQUIRER learned exclusively. He received three doses of chemotherapy and the tumor shrank, but less than his doctors had hoped for — and Patrick was told the bad news.
“His cancer was not responding. In short — they held out little hope for a cure,” said an insider. The ENQUIRER also discovered that Swayze may have been exhibiting symptoms last year while filming the pilot for his new series The Beast, in Chicago.
Even though he appeared physically strong, “Patrick began spitting up blood and was taken to the hospital,” an insider revealed. Filming was completed just before Christmas, but Patrick did not go to Stanford until February.