NATALIE WOOD DEATH NOT RULED "COLD CASE"
UPDATE: The investigation in the drowning death of superstar NATALIE WOOD has NOT been ruled a “cold case”, the LASD said.
Steve Whitmore , a spokesperson for the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department says the Natalie Wood death investigation is not as cold as he previously told Access Hollywood.
Whitmore said despite his earlier remarks, the case remains “open and they are working on it. We ARE seeking more information from the public,” Whitmore said late Wednesday night. UPDATED 1030 PM EST
Previously,Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department spokesperson Steve Whitmore told media that the re-opened investigation into Wood’s death had been dropped as a "cold case", RadarOnline.com had reported. Natalie drowned thirty years ago November 29, 1981 while yachting off Catalina Island. Natalie's husband actor Robert Wagner, her “Brainstorm” costar Christopher Walken and the ship's captain Dennis Davern were also aboard the yacht “Splendour.”
DEVELOPING . . . (see previous ENQUIRER coverage below)