Jan. 7, 2008
Britney Spears managed to escape the paparazzi staked out in front of her Beverly Hills home to take a trip to Palm Desert, Calif. with her photog friend Adnan Ghalib on Sunday.

Brit — who was released from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center early Saturday after a custody dispute standoff on Thursday night — was in good spirits, according to reports.

However, Britney was not happy about her hospital visit from TV talker Dr. Phil McGraw, TMZ reports. Britney was blindsided by Dr. Phil and wanted nothing to do with him, sources tell TMZ.

Dr. Phil, who said he was convinced Britney needed help, told CBS’ The Early Show, "I want to set the record straight. I went to see Britney at the request of her family. I talked to [her mother] Lynne, [her father] Jamie, and [her brother] Brian, because they were frustrated that she wasn’t going to be held for a longer time."

Dr. Phil explained, "Thursday night, the phone rang, it was Lynne, clearly she was very upset. Any parent would be. I was first contacted by her family a year ago, and had maintained a running dialogue for the last year or so."

Meanwhile, London’s News of the World is reporting that Britney downed a cocktail of 100 prescription pills plus a "Purple Monster" mix of vodka, NyQuil and Red Bull before her meltdown on Thursday.


Jan. 5, 2008
Britney Spears was released from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center early Saturday morning. According to Entertainment Tonight‘s Web site, Spears was escorted out by TV personality Dr. Phil McGraw via an underground tunnel.

Dr. Phil, who was counseling the Spears family, released a statement to ET saying, "My meeting with Britney and some of her family members this morning in her room at Cedars leaves me convinced more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention. She was released moments before my arrival and was packing when I entered the room. We visited for about an hour before I walked with her to her car. I am very concerned for her."

Dr. Phil is reportedly filming a special episode of his talk show dedicated to Britney’s problems.

Jan. 4, 2008
Kevin Federline has been granted sole legal custody and sole physical custody of his sons with Britney Spears, according to legal papers obtained by TMZ. The judge ruled late on Friday that Sean Preston and Jayden James will be staying with their dad for now. Spears had her visitation rights revoked until further notice. A new court date has been set for Jan. 14 to handle the matter.

Meanwhile, Britney’s family has shown support by visiting the hospital she’s in. Brit’s sister and father were seen at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. According to Access Hollywood, Britney’s tearful mom, Lynne, told them to "just say prayers."

Jan. 4, 2008
Britney Spears was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Thursday night after 911 was called to the pop star’s home after a nearly three-hour custody standoff involving two sons.

Authorities were called to Spears’ Los Angeles home around 8 p.m. after Britney reportedly refused to hand over custody of 2-year-old Sean Preston and 1-year-old Jayden James to a bodyguard for their father, Kevin Federline. Britney allegedly locked herself in a bathroom with her youngest son and refused to come out.

Britney and K-Fed have been locked in a bitter child custody dispute, in which Britney is only granted supervised visitation. Federline has physical custody and showed up at Britney’s house.

Britney appeared to be under the influence of an unknown substance, according to Officer Jason Lee of the Los Angeles Police Department. No injuries were reported. However, according to reports, both toddlers were taken to the hospital for medical evaluation, with Jayden being transported via ambulance. Both boys are now with Federline.

"We aren’t charging her with anything at this time," an LAPD spokesperson announced. "She is at the [hospital] for her own health and welfare."

Video shows Spears being taken out of her home on a gurney with her legs tied down, loaded onto an ambulance and police cars escorting the emergency vehicle to the hospital.

Britney is expected to remain in the hospital for at least 72 hours on a "5150 hold," TMZ reports, which keeps patients in the hospital who are a danger to themselves or others.